Our Research Assistants contribute to the existing research projects of the World Peace Foundation, as well as assist with the planning and conduct of our seminar series and other events. Research Assistants are current graduate students at the Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy and their work can be tailored to their own research interests and background. Our 2013 – 2014 Research Assistants are Lauren Kitz and Roxanne Krystalli. Please contact us if you are interested in learning more about this opportunity.
Now accepting applications for 2014-2015 Research Assistants
We will be hiring 2 Research Assistants to support the World Peace Foundation office for the 2013-2014 Academic Year. These are part-time (generally 10 hours/week), temporary positions that will begin September 1, 2014 and continue during the academic year until May 2015.
- Seminar support: undertake an array of activities, including: provide research support, draft letters and other materials, maintaining contacts databases and take notes at World Peace Foundation seminars. Includes regularly scheduled hours plus additional hours during seminars.
- Research support: RAs will also contribute to WPF projects, as extra support is needed and in line with the RAs particular skills. Current project priorities include How Mass Atrocities End, peace and security in Sudan, 100 years of war and peace, and new wars/new peace.
- Communications: Special consideration will be given to applicants experienced in working via social media to help manage our online presence.
- Office support: RAs will also be asked to help support the regular work of the WPF office.
Priority for all positions listed below will be given to current or incoming students at The Fletcher School, MALD or PhD. To apply for these positions, please send to email@example.com the below materials:
- Subject line: "Application for 2014-2015 RA";
- A letter of inquiry;
- Current CV ;
- Names and contact information for three references.
Applications Due: Monday, May 5, 2014.
Annual Student Seminar Competition
The World Peace Foundation at the Fletcher School annually invites Fall proposals from students at the Fletcher School for a two-day seminar to be held on campus in the Spring semester. WPF seminars offer a rare opportunity for leading experts to engage in incisive, collegial and sustained dialogue on the pressing problems of our day. The student competition enables Fletcher School students to frame an issue and interact with leading global experts on the topic of their choosing. Submission dates are announced at the beginning of the academic year.
More information, including past winners and guidelines, is available here.