The Fletcher School’s Office of Communications, Public Relations & Marketing (C/PR&M) provides strategic direction for the development and design of Fletcher’s public websites. C/PR&M offers Web-publishing services to the Fletcher community, which includes microsites for the School’s many Departments, Centers, Programs and official student-led groups at fletcher.tufts.edu. We work with internal departments and offices to create and maintain content across all official sites.
Fletcher stakeholders can now edit, create and publish official School websites (excluding the Fletcher intranet) through OASYS, a free set of services that allow multiple users to more easily manage their web content using School-branded publishing templates. OASYS stands for Online Authoring System and Services. More information about creating a website authoring account is found here.
The Fletcher School’s websites are considered official publications of the School, and they are held to editorial standards and operate within policies defined by the School’ leadership. The C/PR&M team has the right to remove any content that does not comply with these standards and policies.
Individuals or groups are not permitted to use Fletcher branding or logos on their own websites, including those hosted at sites.tufts.edu, without prior written authorization from C/PR&M.
If you have a question or concern about The Fletcher School’s website, the School’s logo use or other branding issues, please contact us at CPR@Tufts.edu.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I report a broken link on The Fletcher School website?
Please e-mail Fletcher’s webmaster at CPR@Tufts.edu.
2. I need to request a change/edit to my department’s website, or create a new site for my event or student group. How do I get started?
Please e-mail website design and editing requests to CPR@Tufts.edu.
3. I would like to edit and maintain my own website. How do I sign up for training?
Follow these steps to Request an Account or please contact the OASYS support specialist to discuss your needs and to schedule training.
4. How do I submit an event to Fletcher’s Calendar of Events?
Please submit calendar items here. Items may take 2- 3 days to process and will be included at the discretion of C/PR&M.
5. I am a faculty member or an alumnus/nae who was recently quoted in the news, or who published an Op-Ed. How do I get it included on the Fletcher website and promoted through the School’s social media channels?
Please e-mail your ‘Fletcher in the News’ submission or published OpEd to email@example.com. Items may take 2- 3 days to process and will be included at the discretion of the Office of C/PR&M.
6. I am a Fletcher faculty member or PhD student. How do I add information such as a new publication to my profile?
Please e-mail new publications and profile updates to CPR@Tufts.edu.
7. I am writing new content for The Fletcher School website. What style should I use?
The Fletcher School website, for the most part, follows the AP Stylebook, which is available free online to the Fletcher community through the Ginn Library website.
For School-specific references and/or items not covered by the AP Stylebook, please refer to Fletcher’s A-Z Online Style Guide. For additional help with University-related style questions, please also see the Tufts University Web Editorial Style Guide.
8. How do I optimize my website so that it shows up in web searches? Are there any other web publishing guidelines that I should be aware of as I write new content?
Please visit usability best practices for more information on writing for the Fletcher website.
9. I can’t find what I’m looking for and I really need to speak with a human. Who do I call?
For general questions pertaining to web publishing at The Fletcher School, social media, or other communications issues, please contact Stephanie Daly at Stephanie.Daly@Tufts.edu or x76521.