Broinshtein, 2015, Australia
On the curriculum: I had a number of goals that I wanted to achieve in a graduate program, and the Fletcher curriculum allowed me to achieve these. I wanted a broad education that would provide me with the leadership and management skills I desired, and I also wanted to be able to pursue my interest in food security. I found that the depth and breadth requirements allowed me to achieve both of these. I also wanted to study somewhere quiet that had access to a big city, and the Tufts campus provides the perfect environment for the intensive study required in a professional program. The achievements of the alumni gave me the confidence that Fletcher was the right place to help me achieve my goals.
On career resources: One clear example of how The Fletcher School provides a rounded education for all students is the Professional Development Program run by Career Services. Having come from a different country, where the norms in the professional context are quite different, I have really enjoyed the PDP program and learning how to network, write a strong resume and cover letter, and give my elevator pitch. I have been able to use these skills through the Fletcher networks already. This program has improved my confidence and made me more competitive as I now confidently show my best assets when I meet career contacts.
The Guardian Weekly
Dessert! And coffee.
Most rewarding trip:
Most interesting person you’ve met at Fletcher:
The Military Fellows
Fields of Study:
Activities involved in at Fletcher:
- Journal of Humanitarian Assistance
- Humanitarian Action Society
- Admissions Ambassadors
Education before Fletcher:
- Graduate Certificate, Management, The University of Melbourne
- BA, International Studies, RMIT University
Experience before Fletcher:
- Jewish Aid Australia, Refugee Support Program Coordinator, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA), Intern, New York, NY, USA
- Oxfam Australia, East Asia Program Administrator, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia