PRAXIS: The Fletcher Journal of Human Security has closed its call for submissions for its 2013 issue. Please check back next fall for our 2014 call. We are accepting shorter posts on a continual basis. For more information please visit our blog.
Scholars and practitioners in humanitarian assistance, international development, human rights, and conflict resolution are increasingly recognizing the value of exploring the intersections between their distinct but related fields. The emerging human security paradigm combines this trend with an emphasis on the inclusive well-being of individuals, especially the most vulnerable or marginalized.
PRAXIS: The Fletcher Journal of Human Security provides a platform for cutting-edge research that explores the links between theory and practice. PRAXIS articles cover a range of human security issues from a cross-disciplinary perspective, with a focus on the dignity of the individual. Past articles have applied a human security lens to a variety of issues, including refugee repatriation, transitional justice, corruption, environmental degradation, international law, public health, aid reform, peacebuilding, gender issues, and youth engagement.
PRAXIS: The Fletcher Journal of Human Security invites experienced practitioners, academics, and students to submit articles and book reviews on all topics within the realm of human security.
- Original contributions, illustrative of cutting-edge knowledge in the human security field
- Solid research supported by proper citation of sources
- A cross-disciplinary perspective linking various fields or concerns
- Response to timely issues and/or gaps in the literature
- Implications for strengthening theory, policy, or practice
- Articles should be 15-30 double-spaced pages
- Book reviews and Views from the Field should be 4-7 double-spaced pages
- Authors must include a one paragraph abstract
- References must be in endnote format in accordance with the Chicago Manual of Style
- Authors should submit an electronic copy to firstname.lastname@example.org by:
- December 14, 2012, by 5pm for Round 1 consideration
- January 4, 2013, by 5pm for Round 2 consideration
If you have any further questions, please contact email@example.com or visit our website at http://fletcher.tufts.edu/praxis.
PRAXIS: The Fletcher Journal of Human Security
The Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy, Tufts University
160 Packard Avenue
Medford, MA 02155, USA