Please review the Foreign Language Reading Comprehension Exam Selection Information Sheet and email the Fletcher Office of the Registrar (firstname.lastname@example.org
) by Friday, December 21
the specific foreign language selection which you plan to take for your exam.
- All students receiving degrees from The Fletcher School must possess the ability to speak a foreign (second) language sufficiently well to exchange ideas in conversation with a native speaker and the ability to read and restate into English primary materials on contemporary topics involving foreign affairs.
- Foreign nationals whose native language is not English, and who have received a substantial portion of their education in their native language, may have English accepted as their second language. Generally, these students will have completed the TOEFL (Test of English as a Second Language) exam.
- Incoming January 2013 students whose native language is English must take the written Foreign Language Reading Comprehension Exam at the first offering. For students starting in January 2013, the first opportunity to take this exam is the morning of Friday, February 15, 2013.
- If you are unable to take the first offering of this exam on February 15 due to a conflict, please contact Ann Marie Decembrele, Associate Registrar, by email: email@example.com.
- To review more detailed information about the Foreign Language Requirement, please visit this section of the Fletcher website: http://fletcher.tufts.edu/Academic/Foreign-Language-Requirement.