Tufts University mandates that all full-time students must have adequate Health Insurance, as determined by the Tufts University Health Services Office in order to be eligible for course enrollment at The Fletcher School, as well as be in compliance with the state of Massachusetts.
Student Health Insurance Plan - HPHC Insurance Company, affiliate of Harvard Pilgrim Health Care, administered by UnitedHealthcare StudentResources
- The Student Health Insurance Plan will automatically be charged along
with tuition to all enrolled students who are scheduled to take three or
more courses (these charges to your account will be visible through your Tufts eBill).
- All international students, regardless of course load, with be charged for the Student Health Insurance Plan.
If you have questions about the Student Health Insurance Plan, contact the Health Services Office at 617-627-5176. Please
be aware that foreign insurance coverage, as well as some U.S.
insurance plans are often not considered comparable coverage.
If you have comparable health insurance, you may consult with the Tufts Health Services Office (http://ase.tufts.edu/healthservice/business.htm) about the Student Health Insurance Plan charge being waived. Students who have comparable U.S. insurance may have this fee waived at the discretion of the Director of the Tufts Health Services Office.
After consulting with the Director of the Tufts Health Services Office if you plan not to enroll in the Student Health Insurance Plan, you will be able to process a waiver request via iSIS. The DEADLINE to waive the Student Health Insurance Plan is AUGUST 2.
- Student Health Insurance Plan Coverage
- The 2014-2015 Student Health Insurance Plan cost for a student is $2,224 annually.
- If you are starting in January 2015, the plan cost is $1,383.
- The plan maximum is $500,000.
- Insurance coverage is from August 31, 2014 to August 30,
2015 for students who begin in the Fall 2014 semester at Fletcher. For students who begin in January 2015 for spring semester, insurance coverage is from January 14, 2015 to August 30, 2015.
- Insurance Coverage for Dependents
- Arrangements can be made with the Student Health Insurance
Plan company to insure a spouse and/or children. The 2014-2015 rates are
$6,726 for spouse and $3,035 for a child/children.
- For students starting at Fletcher in January 2015 who would
like coverage for a spouse and/or child/children, please contact the
Health Services Office for pricing information at 617-627-3592.
- IMPORTANT TO NOTE: All STUDENTS WHO ARE ON A J-1 VISA THAT IS SPONSORED BY EITHER TUFTS UNIVERSITY OR THE FLETCHER SCHOOL MUST PURCHASE THE STUDENT HEALTH INSURANCE PLAN OFFERED BY TUFTS UNIVERSITY FOR THEMSELVES AND DEPENDENTS.
ACTION NEEDED: Tufts Health Services Office Required Student Medical History via Their Secure Online Portal and Completion of Immunization Form - DEADLINE: JULY 1
Please DO NOT submit medical-related information to the Registrar's Office. If you need to mail any medical-related information, please be sure to mail the material directly to the Tufts Health Services Office at the following mailing address:
Tufts University Health Services Office
124 Professors Row
Medford, Massachusetts 02155 USA
- Mandatory Comprehensive Health Service Fee
- In addition to health insurance, all students must pay a student comprehensive Tufts Health Service Fee. The Tufts Health Service Fee is not insurance coverage, but it allows a student to use the
Tufts University Health Services Office's services for routine
illnesses. The Tufts Health Service Fee may not be waived.
- For incoming Fall 2014 students, the mandatory Tufts Health Service Fee is $732.
- For students beginning in January 2015, the mandatory Health Service Fee is $366.
- Access to the Tufts University Health Services Office is not available to a spouse or children. The Tufts University comprehensive health service fee covers students for unlimited primary care and walk-in visits, allergy injections, an annual flu shot, the Counseling Center, and the first three psychiatric visits. There are sometimes other additional charges for which students are responsible (e.g., lab tests). These charges appear on the student's Tufts ebill. In all cases, the Health Services Office can provide you with an itemized bill and help in obtaining reimbursement from your insurance company.