- BA, Duke University
- MALD, The Fletcher School
- MS, Agricultural Economics, University of California, Berkeley
- PhD, Agricultural Economics, University of California, Berkeley
- Visiting Fellow, Center for Global Development (2008-2009)
- Deputy Regional Director for West and Central Africa (1998-2000)
- Catholic Relief Services Research Fellow and Fulbright Scholar, Institute Agronomique et Veterinaire, Universite de Hassan-II, Rabat, Morocco (1997-1998)
- Consultant in international development
- Development Economics
- Information Technology
- Agricultural Markets
- Applied Econometrics
- Program Evaluation
• Aker, Jenny C. and Jesse Tack. "Information Technology and Firms' Search Behavior." In submission. 2011
• Aker, Jenny C. and Isaac Mbiti. 2009. "Mobile Phones and Economic Development in Africa." Journal of Economic Perspectives 24: 3, (2009).
• Aker, Jenny C. 2008. "Towards Measuring the Impact of the World Food Program's Purchase for Progress Initiative." CGD Essay # 1417886.
• Aker, Jenny C. 2008. "Can you Hear me Now? How Cell Phone are Transforming Markets in sub-Saharan Africa." CGD Note.
• Aker, Jenny C. 2008. "Drought and Food Crises in Niger." CGD Working Paper #157. Washington, D.C.: Center for Global Development.
• "Do Borders Matter? Borders and Markets in West Africa” (with Jenny C. Aker and Steven O’Connell).