Curriculum Vitae - David A. WirthProfessional Activities
- AM, Harvard University
- AB, Princeton University
- JD, Yale Law School
- Professor of Law (1999-present), Director of International Programs, (2002- present), and Visiting Professor (1998) Boston College Law School
- Has also taught at MIT, Oxford University; Harvard Law School, Washington and Lee University School of Law, and University of Virginia School of Law
- Director of Trade, Health, and Environment Program, Community Nutrition Institute (1996)
- Senior Attorney (1987-1990), Co-Director of International Programs (1990), Senior Project Attorney (1986-1987), Natural Resources Defense Council
- Attorney-Advisor for Oceans and International Environmental and Scientific Affairs (1984-1986), Attorney-Advisor for European And Canadian Affairs (1983-1984), Office of the Legal Advisor, U.S. Department of State
- International Environmental Policy and law
- international organizations
• Wirth, David A. "The President, the Environment and Foreign Policy: The Globalization of Environmental Politics." Journal of Land, Resources and Environmental Law 24, no. 3 (2004): 393-407.
• Wirth, David A and Jeffery Atik. "Science and International Trade: Third Generation Scholarship." Boston College International and Comparative Law Review 26, no. 2 (2003): 171-182.BOOKS
• Wirth, David A, Zygmunt Plater, Robert Abrams, William Goldfarb, Robert Graham and Lisa Heinzerling. Environmental Law and Policy: Nature, Law, and Society. Aspen Publishers, 2004.BOOK CHAPTERS
• Wirth, David A. "Hazardous Substances and Activities." In Oxford Handbook of International Environmental Law, eds. Daniel Bodansky, Jutta Brunee & Ellen Hay, Oxford University Press, 2007.
• Wirth, David A. "The GMO Dispute between the United States and the European Community: Some Preliminary Thoughts." In EU and WTO Law: How Tight is the Legal Straitjacket for Environmental Product Regulation?, ed. Marc Pallemaerts, VUB Press, 2006.
• Wirth, David A. "Unilateral Trade-Based Measures for Protection of the Marine Environment: A Legal and Policy Perspective". In Values at Sea: Environmental Ethics for the Marine Environment, ed. Dorinda G. Dallmeyer, University of Georgia Press, 2003.
• Wirth, David A. "Unilateral Trade-Based Measures for Protection of the Marine Environment: A Legal and Policy Perspective." In Values at Sea: Environmental Ethics for the Marine Environment, ed. Dorinda G. Dallmeyer, University of Georgia Press, 2003.CoursesFALL TERM