- PhD, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- SB, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- SM, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Project manager for the World Bank's InfoDev project for the Russian telecommunications industry
- Consultant to industry and academe on communications economics, technology and policy
• "An economic map of the Internet," MIT Program on Internet & Telecom Convergence (2000).
• "Journalists' use of the web in campaign coverage," (co-author) International Communications Association (June 2000).BOOK CHAPTERS
• "Broadband architectures, ISP Business Plans, and Open Access," Communications Policy in Transition: The Internet and Beyond (2001).
• "A Taxonomy of Communications Demand." (co-author) The Internet Upheaval: Raising Questions, Seeking Answers in Communications Policy, 2000.