Curriculum Vitae - Richard BlackhurstProfessional Activities
- BS, University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA)
- PhD, Economics, University of Chicago
- Adjunct Professor, The Fletcher School, Tufts University, August 2004 to present.
- Director of Economic Research and Analysis, World Trade Organization (formerly the General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade), 1985 through April 1997. Joined the GATT Secretariat in 1974.
- Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies (formerly the Graduate Institute of International Studies), Geneva. Adjunct Professor October 1974 to September 2002.
- Founding Editor of the World Trade Review, February 2001 to December 2004. The WTR is an independent professional journal established in 2001 at the initiative of the Secretariat of the World Trade Organization in co-operation with Cambridge University Press. Member of the WTR¹s Editorial Board since January 2005.
- Trade policies
- The political economy of trade-policy making
- The role of the multilateral trading system in an increasingly globalized world economy
• “The Future of the WTO: Some Comments on the Sutherland Report”, World Trade Review, November 2005.
• “Options for Improving Africa’s Participation in the WTO”, (with W. Lyakurwa and A. Oyejide), The World Economy, April 2000.BOOK CHAPTERS
• “The Role of the Director-General and the Secretariat” in A. Narlikar, M. Daunton and R. M. Stern (ed.s), The Oxford Handbook on the World Trade Organization, Oxford University Press, 2012.
• “The General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade” and “The World Trade Organization”, two entries in The Princeton Encyclopedia of the World Economy, Princeton University Press, 2009.
• "The WTO as the Legal Foundation of International Commercial Relations: Current Status and Options for the Next Decade", in F. Snyder (ed.) Regional and Global Regulation of International Trade, Hart Publishing (Oxford and Portland, Oregon), 2002.CoursesGMAP COURSES