- Finance and banking in East Asia
• Schena, Patrick J. "Banks, Distressed Loans, and the Development of Chinese Markets for Asset-Backed Securities." The Fletcher Forum of World Affairs 29, no. 2 (2005): 35-50.CONFERENCE PRESENTATIONS
• "'Between the Lines': Law, Finance, and the Securitization of Chinese Assets", presented at the Academy of International Business Conference, July 8-12, 2005, Quebec City, QC.
• "Banks, NPL's and the Development of Chinese Markets for Asset-Backed Securities: An Analytical Survey," presented at "Risk and Investment Issues Linking China, Japan, and the US" symposium, Qingdao, PR China (May 2004).
• "Measuring and Managing the Foreign Exchange Exposure of Chinese Companies: A Preliminary Assessment," accepted for presentation at the Northeast Chapter of the Academy of International Business Conference (October 2004).
• "Information Structures and Market Development: Recent Evidence of the Certification Value of Ratings in Pricing Japanese Corporate Bonds," accepted for presentation at the Financial Management Association Annual Meeting, Denver, CO, October, 2003.
• "Bank Monitoring, Bank Health, and the Pricing of Japanese Corporate Public Debt," (co-author) presented at the Pacific Basin Finance, Economics and Accounting Conference, Singapore, August 7-8, 2002 and at the Academy of International Business Conference, July 5-8, 2003, Monterey, CA.CoursesFALL TERMSPRING TERM