The Fletcher School Leadership Program for Financial Inclusion is an innovative training initiative designed for banking regulators and policymakers from emerging and frontier markets to promote and further develop their work on policy and regulation in financial services for the poor.
The Application Period for the 2016 Fellowship will open shortly. To be notified of the release of the 2016 Application, please submit your email address on our Contact Page.
Questions? Email FinancialLeadership@tufts.edu
Potential applicants should keep in mind the following:
- You must be available to attend the in-person residency beginning on Sunday afternoon, May 1, through the afternoon of Friday, May 13, 2016 in Boston, Massachusetts, USA. No exceptions.
- You may depart any time on or after the final session on Friday, May 13. However, you will be required to arrange and cover your own accommodation expenses beginning the night of Saturday, May 14.
- Though the bulk of the work is concentrated during two residencies, this nine-month Fellowship includes weekly assignments to be completed remotely in advance of the spring residency in Massachusetts.
- You will be required to attend mandatory Fletcher working sessions at the AFI Global Policy Forum in the fall of 2016. It is expected that your home institution will bear the cost of travel expenses related to the AFI GPF.
- FLPFI will cover the following costs associated with the Fellowship:
- Full tuition for the FLPFI Fellowship;
- Lodging for the duration of the two-week residency near Boston, Massachusetts in spring 2016;
- Ground transportation from Logan International Airport to hosting hotel;
- Coach-class airfare to and from the Boston residency (but not the AFI residency);
- Breakfast and lunch on all weekdays;
- Welcome and one additional celebratory dinner;
- All local ground transportation to mandatory events.
The Fellowship will not
cover: per diems, nightly dinners, personal and incidental costs, the costs for any additional attendees (i.e., spouses, colleagues, or dependents), phone calls, or costs of associated travel and lodging in conjunction with the AFI Global Policy Forum.