The Center for International Environment and Resource Policy (CIERP) is looking to hire 1-2 Content Management Interns (student position only) to help draft and disseminate information about CIERP’s ongoing news and events and assist in the creation of new media featuring our work. The average workload will be about 5-10 hours/week (although this may vary from week to week according to the student's availability and initiative). A commitment of the full academic year is preferred.
Duties will include:
- Event coverage: Attend CIERP events/conference, take photos, and draft summaries of the presentations to be posted online after the events. This may include some weekend/evening coverage.
- Design and editorial activities: Assist in drafting, editing, and/or designing web content, Center publications, collateral materials, event posters, etc.
- Video and audio content production and editing: Shoot and edit interviews and/or other creative media content featuring the work of Center faculty, students, and affiliates.
The Content Management Intern will be welcome and encouraged to help with the Center's broader outreach strategy and work with the Social Media Management Intern (another student position) to develop a coordinated and effective online presence. Both students will work under the direction of Miranda Fasulo, CIERP's Assistant Director.
Knowledge of and/or interest in CIERP and energy and environmental issues; ability to understand, synthesize, and communicate content in this subject area accurately and succinctly; excellent writing and editing skills, especially a knack for a "reporter" style/tone; design skills (e.g. InDesign); photo/video/audio shooting and editing skills (having your own equipment is a plus but not a requirement). Note that while possessing all of these skills would be ideal, candidates having a combination of some but not all of these skills will also be considered.
Interested candidates should email Miranda.Fasulo@tufts.edu by 9:00am Friday, September 13, with the following information:
- Brief statement of interest in the position highlighting relevant background and skills (no more than 300 words, please send in the body of an email)
- Writing sample (no more than 1 page single-spaced – an excerpt from a longer document is fine)
Please direct any questions to Miranda. Applications from Fletcher students will be given priority, but all Tufts students (including undergraduates) are welcome to apply.
The pay rate for the position is:
$15/hr for second-year graduate students
$12/hr for first-year graduate students
$10/hr for undergraduates
Work-study is always a plus.