The Institute for Business in the Global Context invites undergraduates and young professionals to enter an essay contest and join us as we discuss one of the driving issues in business today: the promise of Africa’s role in the global economy.
Winners of this contest will receive:
- Up to $400 for travel expenses to and from our conference Africa's Turn?: The Promise and Reality of the Global Economy's "Final Frontier."
- A $200 cash prize.
- Your paper published on the conference website.
Entries must be submitted by September 26, 2012.
Imagine you are writing an article for The Economist in the year 2022. Paint a picture of Africa and its place in the world.
GUIDELINES & ELIGIBILITY
- Submissions must be between 800 and 1,200 words. Entries must be original work written by entrant.
- Essays must be submitted via email to email@example.com. Essay should be attached as a pdf document and include name of the entrant. All entrants must also attach a resume or CV in pdf format and include phone number and date of birth of the entrant in the email.
- Open to all undergraduate students of accredited colleges and universities and young professionals under the age of 25 who have not enrolled in a Master’s or other advanced degree program.
- Entries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59 PM on September 26, 2012.
- Winners will be selected by a panel from The Fletcher School, and all decisions are final.
- Winners will be reimbursed up to $400 of expenses incurred for travel to Medford (air, rail, or bus) and up to 2 nights accommodation expenses.